GWO Sea Survival Refresher
The aims of this Sea Survival course are, by theoretical and practical training to give the participants the basic knowledge and skills to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or wind turbine generators and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind energy environment.
In order to qualify for a refresher course, you MUST hold a current/in-date GWO Sea Survival certificate
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning.
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different Life Saving Appliances (LSA), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Personal Fall Protective Equipment (PFPE) commonly used offshore in the wind energy industry and are able to don and use them accordingly.
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation and vessel to vessel.
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG.
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of Search and Rescue (SAR) and Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS).
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate recovery and First Aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate evacuation from a mock WTG to the water by means of rescue device.
- The Delegates are able to demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea
Certificate in sea survival and vessel transfer
Note: All costs are inclusive of VAT.
Terms and Conditions & Refund Policy
Our terms and Conditions including our refund policy can be found here
Please read the following instructions before using our booking form below:-
- You can book your course below using our secure and easy to use online booking system.
- We accept Card Payments, via Stripe, or BACS which you can select in the “Payment method” section.
- Please click here to contact us if you have any problems.