IRATA Rope Access
5 Day Course : 4 days training, 1 day independent assessment by IRATA appointed assessor
There are 3 IRATA levels. All initial candidates start at level 1.
- Level 1 – No prior experience necessary.
- Level 2 – Minimum of 1000 hours and 12 months logged rope access experience as an IRATA Level 1.
- Level 3 – Minimum of 1000 hours and 12 months logged rope access experience as an IRATA Level 2.
Level 1: Characteristics of a safe system of work, including equipment, legal requirements, objective hazards, risk assessment and method statements, conformity and certification, inspection, emergency considerations and rescue procedures. Basic principles of movement on ropes – ascent, descent, changing from ascent to descent, changing from rope to rope, crossing a knot, aid climbing and transversing, passing re-belays and deviations, use of a back-up system, elementary rigging and rope management, elementary rescue.
Level 2: Tensioned lines, work restraint, horizontal lifelines, anchorage selection, teamwork, communication.Equipment and Rigging, Wide ‘Y’ hang, re-belay, deviations, rope and sling protection, pull-through, work-restraint and horizontal lifelines, tensioned ropes and rescue/Hauling.
Level 3: Risk assessment and method statements, Equipment inspection, management and records, Rescue management, Assessment of alternatives to lead climbing and, where lead climbing is a valid safe option, be capable of writing method statements for lead climbing in particular situation. Practical skills covered include a full range of technical and/or complex access ad rigging techniques, including fall protection methods, advanced rescue, application of pulley systems.
On successful completion of practical course and exam, the candidate will be awarded a Rope Access Technician – IRATA Level 1, 2 or 3
- Single Trainee: £840.00
- 3-5 Trainees: £780.00 each
- 6+ Trainees: £720.00 each
Note: All costs above are inclusive of VAT.
Terms and Conditions & Refund Policy
Our terms and Conditions including our refund policy can be found here
Please read the following instructions before using our booking form below:-
- You can book your course here using our secure and easy to use online booking system.
- We accept Card Payments, via Stripe, or BACS which you can select in the “Payment method” section.
- We will accept BACS up to two weeks prior to the course start date, after that you must pay by card.
- Please click here to contact us if you have any problems with any of the instructions above.